Christmas is a time of tradition. We have plenty of Christmas traditions in our home. Because I do it year after year, my children expect me to have these things during the holidays…
- Christmas potpourri on the stove!
Every year I make Christmas potpourri and keep it simmering on the stove the week before Christmas. It’s easy to make and you can simmer it all day long while adding water when needed. At the end of the day, let it cool and store it in the refrigerator. This also makes a fabulous gift for teachers or friends!!!! Put in a clear plastic bag and tie with a pretty ribbon. All they have to do is cut the fruit and pour into pot!
- 1 lemon, cut
- 1 orange, cut
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 3 tsp of whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- Russian tea is another family favorite!!!This is another one that is perfect to make, pour into jars, and give as gifts. Easy to make and everyone loves it! Hand write a card that says, “Place two spoonfuls of mix into mug. Add boiling water. Stir until mix is dissolved.” Mix the following ingredients and store in air tight jars.
- 1 1/2 c TANG Orange Drink
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/3 c unsweetened instant tea
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- It’s just not Christmas without WHITE TRASH!This is a personal favorite around here. My children don’t feel loved if they don’t get their White Trash fix. It’s not the simplest thing to make but is so worth it. It goes by many names… some call is Reindeer Poop! LOL… It can also be made more festive by adding red & green M&M’s after it’s done.
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1/2 c butter
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz box Chex cereal (rice is preferred)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Melt peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter together. Put cereal in a roaster pan. Pour melted mix over cereal and stir around in the pan. Pour all into a plastic bag and add powdered sugar. Shake bag until cereal mix is covered in sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Feel free to share your own special recipes too!!!
Enjoy the holidays with your family and please contact the Joe Ward team to discuss your real estate needs going into 2016. We would love to meet you for coffee to discuss your goals and plans!